|I traveled to southern California this week, and I'm trying to figure out why I don't live there. Leaving the typical New Jersey February of 30 degrees and snowing/raining, I got off the plane in Orange County and was welcomed by 70 degrees and sunny. It cooled down at night though. To 55. Waaah waaah.
Reasons to live in California:
Reasons to not live in California:
- The weather is amazing. Always.
- It's near the ocean.
- It's near the mountains.
- It's near the forest.
- They actually take the environment seriously sometimes, especially with their electricity-generating wind turbine farms.
- They know a lot more about what causes cancer, as all those warning labels on cleaning products and other things point out.
In conclusion, I could probably put up with some of the negatives for a little while, but I doubt I'd like to spend the rest of my life there. #travel
- It's the land of fruits and nuts, and since I'm not the former, I'd likely become the latter.
- Property values.
- Lots of people.
- Lots of weird people.
- Earthquakes and the very real possibility of half the state floating off into the Pacific Ocean.