|Tiers of music fandom
|There are 6 tiers of music fandom:
1. Never heard of them.
2. Never heard of them. Oh wait, they sing that? I like that song.
3. I like 2 or 3 songs by them.
4. I love that one album.
5. I like several of their albums, but none of the old/new stuff.
6. I can recognize every single song from every one of their albums by only hearing the first three notes.
|Work but not work
|It's surprising how much of my "job" isn't really my "job". Like my job consists mostly of writing code, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and documenting results. But other things I do during working hours are things like:
- Wait for computer to boot
- Wait for mandatory software updates to finish
- Wait while virus scan bogs down 70% of my computing resources
- Spend 45 minutes burning a CD with 30,000 files containing software I need to do my job
- Try to find a way around network firewall to access information needed to do my job
- Take mandatory training
- Walk to other buildings, wait to be let in
- Wait for the network and/or electricity to come back on
There are "job" tasks and there are "meta job" tasks. Work about work, but not actually work. #business