|I like warm weather, so I'd like to move south one day. But I'm sometimes scared that if I moved south, I'd lose the enjoyment of watching the seasons change. This is about the 10th day in a row (it could be the 1st, 100th, or 1000th; it makes no difference) of single-digit temperatures in northwest Jersey, and I need to record my thoughts on cold weather so I won't forget them later. Here are the top 10 reasons why I hate cold weather:
- Having to warm up my car in the morning instead of spending the first 10 minutes of my commute in cold pain.
- The sound my car makes when it tries to start at 7°F. "Ehhhhhnn ga chuuuunk"
- Not being able to drive with the windows down.
- Getting shocked every time I close my car door.
- Warm house » cold driveway » warm car » cold parking lot » warm office » cold something else.
- High heating/electric bills.
- Worrying about sealing windows and doors to keep cold air out.
- Having to keep all the doors closed to conserve heat.
- Taking a hot shower in an ice cold bathroom.
- Feeling my snots freeze when I breathe through my nose.