||Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012
|I think it's stupid that the current schedule of college football bowl games consists of a bunch of insignificant, poorly-named, ill-timed matchups that take place randomly over the course of 7-10 days, often over a month after the end of the regular season. When I'm elected Supreme Commander of All Things, here's how I would change that:
Everybody who has ever had an opinion about college football agrees that the current system is stupid. Yet the system remains. [sports]
- First of all, no more PAC-10 changing its name to PAC-12, or a BIG-10 with 12 teams. Stick to letters. BIG-10 and BIG-12 get to fight out the details.
- Season ends with conference championships.
- Conference champions compete in bowl games.
- The National Championship Game cannot contain two teams from the same conference.
- Bowl games take place no more than two weeks after the end of the regular season. All in one day. The end.